Friday, January 21, 2011

Post #14

This is a picture of a cat found on the sidewalk in Glebe, Ottawa.  It's an orange tabby in a box.  I feel a connection to the found object because I have a gray, tabby cat named, Christopher. The fact that the cat in the picture is in a box reminds me of the day I met my cat. He was a stray roming around, without a home. One summer day, I woke up and found him sleeping on the floor, next to my bed. I'm pretty sure he got in through the window, because I left it open. I told my mom about him, but she told me to take it outside. I lured him out with a bowl of cat food. Ever since that day, he came to my yard to eat. When we moved, I took him along. I bathed him, combed him and we took him to the vet. He was no longer a cat "living in a box," but a loved housecat who belonged to a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment