Sunday, March 13, 2011

Post #19

            I enjoyed the experience of creating portraits during this unit because I learned what portraiture was all about. Before this project, I thought portraiture referred only to the making of a self portrait. I now understand that portraits are more than just a picture. They tell the viewer about the lives of the subjects. It teaches us about different time periods and important changes in history. Moreover, I learned the process of making my own portraits and developing my own style. My favorite part was adding color to my drawings. I was anxious to see if my portrait resembled the actual photographs. However, the size of the drawings made it harder to paint small details such as facial lines and lips. Even the smaller brushes were not small enough to fill tiny spaces. Despite of this, I was able to create the pictures based on people that inspire me. That made the project more meaningful and important.   

No comments:

Post a Comment