Sunday, November 28, 2010

POST #8 Reflection on First Quarter

          During the first quarter, I learned many things about art. The projects were fun because I had never done them before. I enjoyed the corpse drawing and the accordion book. Both projects had surprising results. The drawings were humorous while the books were abstract. They did not turn out like anything "normal," but that's what made them special. I was also introduced to new vocabulary such as the principles and elements of art. In addition, I learned the steps needed to criticize art. Not all artworks have to be paintings portraying real life. They can be abstract paintings, masks, and sculptures, just to name a few. I was also intrigued by the issues in the art world such as censorship and racism. I had no idea art had such a wide variety of concepts and that its not only the creativity aspect of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment