Thursday, May 5, 2011

Post #26


                                      Kline painting
                                                      

           In my view, the artist was trying to say that he can be joyful and positive but the personality that shows the most is being stern. To begin with, the colors in the background are bright hues, such as blue, orange, yellow and green. These colors usually make the viewer feel as if they're in a sunny place where everyone is nice. Furthermore, the black figure stamped over the bright colors shows evilbness and mystery. This can be another definition of the artwork. Franz Kline might be trying to say that he doesn't want anybody to know who he really is, so he presents himself with mystery. Moreover, the meaning of this painting could also be that. sometimes people pay too much attention on your flaws rather than your good traits. I say this because when I first saw his painting, I was drawn to the thick black figure. It was the emphasis that I was drawn to. In short, I believe Franz Kline is portraying his multiple personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment